Monday, September 7, 2009

"This is the day that the Lord has made..."

"I will REJOICE and be glad in it!!!" Psalm 118:24

For me, today is BIG day to rejoice in because its my husband's birthday!!! He really hates attention on this particular day. Its not on facebook or anything. BUT I want him to know he's special and that this is an amazing day. =)

So in honor of his birthday, I'm going to steal an idea from our sweet friend Tracy, and list 25 things I love about my husband (since he's 25 today.) =)

25. Our story
24. The way he laughs
23. The fact that he gets so mad that restaurants are phasing out Mellow Yellow and the way he celebrates when they have it.
22. He always does the dishes.
21. As much as it drives me nuts, I miss when he is not here to leave his cereal bowl in the shower (because he eats his cereal in the shower... I know.)
20. His random Mitch Hedberg jokes that never come out right.
19. The fact that he still LOVES to play with Leggos.
18. That everyday I keep Karleigh, he says "tell the boo I said hi!"
17. His little cute voices when he's being silly.
16. His little victory dances that he would never admit to.
15. Almost our entire refrigerator is covered with magnets from the places he's been in the past 2 years. LITERALLY.
14. The way he loves his close friends.
13. That he enjoys a good library and/or bookstore.
12. He'll watch movies that are NOT guy friendly, and often enjoys them.
11. The way people talk about him when I get to go to work with him.
10. The way he's not starstruck AT ALL by the people he works with. He is CONSTANTLY surrounded by famous people and just takes it in stride.
9. The way he cares about my close friends.
8. Daisies.
7. The way he loves his Mamaw Jo.
6. How gracious he is when I just cannot get it together.
5. The way he gets better and better and BETTER at giving gifts. Its amazing. (and not in that spoiled brat way. Its the timing, the thoughts behind the gifts.)
4. When he text messages me in French.
3. When he woke up this morning and I was busy doing stuff, I found him laying in bed reading scripture. Sexiest thing I've ever seen yo.
2. If you know us at all, we make this weird noise like "mow mow" as if to say, "hi I'm here" or "whatcha doin?" or even "just in case I haven't said it in a while, I love you."
1. He is the One I was created for and I was the one created for him. The way God reinforces this EVERY single time it gets hard. To God be the Glory.

In the VERY beginning...



At a Darius Rucker/Dierks Bentley show on our anniversary this year in Charleston. (aka going to work with hubby day ;) )

No comments: