So, this past weekend, obviously from my other blog, I had a wedding. It went well. Its neat to see how Jesus brings you through a situation so quickly. For example, a while after I wrote that blog, I went looking for my phone. When I found it, I had a voicemail from the Mother of the Bride from hours before that was saying she was so excited about the next day and to see how it all came together and if I needed help she had volunteers. So crazy.
Then the next day, Jesus woke me up early (much like this morning) to spend time with Him. He gave me this scripture that I have long treasured (thanks to my precious sister in law... i probably should tell her that) but this time it became real to me in a whole new way all over again. "“Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves go right on producing delicious fruit." Jeremiah 17:7
Saturday DEFINITELY was insane. A lot went wrong during the day, and I definitely found out a vendor that I will NOT be using anytime soon. Yuck. However, Jesus was my confidence. We handled it, and when I say we, I say Brooke, me, and Jesus. Brooke was my total saving grace, but again, I know that was Jesus providing for me a friend who would be able to help and also hold her own when I had to leave and handle other things. It was a hard day on my body and on my mind, but the actual wedding and reception were a breeze. When I think about it, it just flowed and happened like it was a day in the park. Crazy right?
WELL all this is to say, I got paid right? Now I'm no "Who's Wedding Is It Anyway?" planner making thousands of dollars, but I definitely got paid. However, when I went to the bank yesterday.. I realized the check was made out to my business name and my name was nowhere to be found on the check. Needless to say, even though I could prove I'm the business owner, they wouldn't take it. So I was really worried. I'm in need of money in a big way right now just bc a lot is coming up at the same time you know? Well I prayed about it yesterday, just praying that she (the MOB) would pay me again, that it wouldn't take too long, but that God would provide even though sometimes it seems impossible.
LOL its funny when I think about it.. yesterday afternoon when I got home, I had not one, but two envelopes in the mail with money in them. The first was expected and I had forgotten about it. It was that check from dear old Bush in an attempt to stir the economy. but the other one.. was a blank envelope I still have not quite figured out where it came from. The note inside said something about how they felt I needed some fun money as a blessing from God and as a result of giving my life away to Him. I suspect my YL girls... but its stamped from Nashville.. either way.. it was crazy. But then again, I hear His voice "Oh you of little faith, why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31.
Thought provoking song courtesy of To Write Love on Her Arms' blog on myspace. I love the rawness of it.It just makes sense.
"Changes Come"- The Rhine
Changes come
Turn my world around
I have my father's hand
I have my mother's tongue
I look for redemption in everyone
I wanna wear your ring
I have a song to sing
It ain't over babe
In fact it's just begun
Changes come
Turn my world around
Changes come
Bring the whole thing down
I wanna have our baby
Somedays I think that maybe
This ol' world's too fucked up
For any firstborn son
There is all this untouched beauty
The light the dark both running through me
Is there still redemption for anyone?
Changes come
Turn my world around
Changes come
Bring the whole thing down
Jesus come
Turn the world around
Lay my burden down
Turn this world around
Bring the whole thing down
Bring it down
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment