It is WAY too late at night for me to be awake, but Andrew's on his way home after being gone for a week and its like Christmas!!! I can't wait for him to be here!!!!!
I also though, if I'm really honest, am kind of caught up in what I experienced tonight at something for church that involved lots of incredible Godly women... I digress.
I want to sit in a room with those women every night. I want to learn how to be so wonderful so talented so raw and honest I want to be a Godly wife a Godly daughter a Godly mother a Godly friend. So even after sitting in a room full of these amazing women I'm still awake following their blogs 0=)
So tonight was beautiful. The women's ministry at our church has started this wonderful ministry directed at mentoring the women in our church and tonight was the first night. I'm terrified of big groups these days and especially ones where I am in the minority. I feel like such a baby trying to dress in her mother's clothing and hang out with her sister's friends. I LOVED this as a kid. I always wanted to be my sister's friend (she's 9 years older than me) now I'm just totally freaked out that I'm an adult. This morning I actually had to give myself a pep talk about what I was wearing to a meeting. It made me look so... old! I don't know it was weird. Anyway moving on..
If I'm gonna grow older, I want to be like these women. So to mentored by them, to just be in the same room with them, even though I talk too loud and too much bc I'm nervous. Even though I feel like I have nothing of value to offer.. I want to go. I want to be there and learn.
That being said, (or not said because I'm delirious and talking in circles worse than normal and have said nothing of significance whatsoever) I was reading one of their blogs and found this. Its a list of things that you've done or haven't done in your life. So I thought I'd go through it =) The bolded ones are things I HAVE done:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (does Wii count???)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (can we include got sea sick for the first time in here)
63. Gotten flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt.... well does giving my mom t-shirts to make me a quilt count???
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life...I'm not sure what to call it... but i fought over a razor blade a girl tried to kill herself with at school... LONG story.
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club- I REALLY WANT TO!
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit- for five flipping years. RIDICULOUS
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
I guess I can say I've done some fun things for a 24 year old. But SOOOO much to go. I should probably take a "nap" before Andrew gets home now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment